RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I hate Channing Tatum...


Do not take the title to this post at face value.

Let me explain: I've HATED Channing Tatum for YEARS. And it's not for some stupid superficial reason like I'm jealous of his so-called good looks or extremely physically fit body.

1. I don't even think the guy is that decent of a looking man (which makes total sense because women tend to respond to a body before the face - which I would argue is opposite of how men think).

2. Almost ANYONE can have a physically fit body if they choose to. Personally, I'd rather drink a beer and eat a cheeseburger. I like to maintain, but I never want to put in that much work - and let's face it, most celebrities have dieticians and personal trainer's so it's a lot easier for them. This begs the question of who gives a shit about their body (oh wait, I know who does!)?

My point being that my hate for Tatum stemmed from his superficiality. The fact that he marketed himself with his body first and foremost over anything more in an industry that is supposed to be more artistic than anything. The idea that this guy could become famous for his fucking body and his dancing "ability" over more talented prospects is infuriating to me.

Not to mention the GIANT ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM:

The guy came off as a total fucking WIGGER.

His whole, "hey guuuuuurl" persona made me want to punch him in the face about a thousand times.

But then something shifted. The son of a bitch didn't piss me off as much as I THOUGHT he was going to when he played Duke in G.I. Joe.

Don't get me wrong, he was still the worst choice for the part - he just didn't bother me as much as I planned him to.

Then he worked with Steven Soderbergh on Haywire...OK, interesting.

Then he did 21 Jumpstreet. WOW.

And then he goes and does something like this:




And now I hate the man because I'm starting to love him.

While I don't believe I was initially wrong about his persona and the way he carried himself, he's clearly evolving. Well...good for him, but now I must kill him lest admit I could have been wrong about something...

No comments:

Post a Comment