RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cerebral pain...




Vanilla Sky is one of my all-time favorite movies.

It's a complicated film that touches on everything from want, need, lust, love, and pain. If you were to only view the movie as a one-trick-pony and ignore the depth that is inherent - well, you are a FOOL.

Regardless, I am about to show you how badass this world is.




By the end of the film we are all touched and HAMMERED by what the world IS and what it should BE.

There is a phenomenal sequence where man on Mars faces off with Woman from Venus and love burst' forth.

The older I get the less I believe in the capability of women and the strength that I SO want them to have.

What really hits:

I am a flawed man...make no mistake. I strive to be more, but it's a struggle. I TRY to be optimistic. With every breath I try to be better and make us all work for the best that we can all be.

There is a deep love for women that I continually carry with my whole heart, soul, and being. I want, and need for us to all get along, love each other and just make a general harmony with each other...still there is a total dislike for all of us against one another. Look deep enough and we can all make an improvement for one another. We got this...the pain...the heart...the sympathy...and more, we have got it.

There is a moment in the following scene - it's a moment where Tom Cruise realizes what he's lost and that there is a slim chance to recovery - it's a moment where we realize shit has hit the fan. It's a moment where the hero realizes that he CAN'T win back the love of his life. It's over. He's done. It's a heartbreaking moment.




"I lost you when I got in that car...I'm sorry." - Mistakes. Sometimes nothing can change what is.

The realization that it's all over...

"But every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around", while she says that she will find him again.

AMEN.

It's heartbreaking and amazing all at once...

I recommend more Cameron Crow and Dean Koontz!

No comments:

Post a Comment