RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Way to go Jim!


And by Jim, I mean Jim from the Office, otherwise known as John Krasinski.





I'm a huge fan of the Office and it's mostly due to the character of Jim. But I've been wanting to see Krasinski do more because I think he's immensely talented and has been floundering as of late. Blame it on whatever reason you want, Jim has been sidelined on the Office for the last couple seasons. I don't want to get to much into that because I think it's all bullshit no matter how you cut it. Jim and Pam are awesome and should be a focus of the show at all times regardless of how "over" them you are or not. Never cut the driving force of a show. Period.

Regardless, Krasinski has had some opportunities to move beyond the show and do some more work via movies and such. Some he's taken and some he hasn't. The only movie he took that I think bears any weight is a small movie called Away We Go that is completely brilliant, sentimental, and heartwarming. It's the only movie choice he's made thus far that I agree with. It's a great movie.




The less said about the other movies he's been in the better. Suffice it to say he's almost always taking on bit parts in movies that just aren't up to snuff.

The Captain America role is what sparks this article for me.

At one point Krasinski was up for Cap. It's unclear exactly what happened, but he was noted as a sure thing from inside sources. We know he was absolutely on the short list that Marvel had for who they wanted. There were rumors that he was in negotiations and that it was basically his deal to lose.

Many at first balked at Jim from the Office as Captain America...I wasn't one of them. This is EXACTLY the kind of role I wanted him to take. Something outside of his comfort zone but yet something that he could actually do...with a little help from some weight training of course. Don't get me wrong, I loved Captain America as a movie and I think Chris Evans did a FANTASTIC job. But I also think Krasinski could have done something special too.

Did we ever think Michael Keaton could be a good Batman? Or that Robin Williams could be Peter Pan? Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man? Krasinski would've been an inspired choice. Someone that didn't immediately fit the bill but could actually pull it off.

My whole point with this is that Krasinski could and should be getting more work!

I was actually going to write an article about this subject and my disappoint with John when I happened to watch the Muppets tonight (more on that later) and lo and behold! A new trailer for a new movie with John Krasinski!




WOW...

Now this looks great and more like it, Mr. Krasinski!

I expect you all to go and show your support for Jim and check this movie out when it hits. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment