RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Game of Thrones Season 2 Teaser...


Before I put this video up let me just say that now is the time.

I know you've heard of Game of Thrones the HBO series.

You've probably heard how phenomenal it is. How honorable it is to a great piece of literature...

How well casted it is and brilliantly acted...

By now you've probably heard what a great series the books are and that you probably should read them...

Well...




Why?

Because Winter IS coming...




Let me tell you a story...

Years ago, I remember hearing about a saga that was being written. It was a series of novels that were fantasy based that were supposedly amazing. They were breaking all sorts of new ground and were generally accepted as the end-all-be-all.

I wrote this off because eff that, I was above fantasy novels. Yes, I too was once a stupid teenager.

Flash forward to last year. HBO starts putting out promo's for Game of Thrones Season 1 (at this point who knew there would even be a Season 2) and all my friendly geek websites like ToplessRobot and i09 start telling me how I should read these books before I watch the show and so on and so forth.

At this point I've matured a bit since the first time I heard about Game of Thrones, so I figure I'm going to check out the show (because it looked interesting) and people are adamant about the books, I might as well read the first one (which Season 1 is based on).


Figured I'd stay with the Arnold motif...


Epically awesome.

I was instantly hooked. So much so that I was of course going to finish the series.

The show is somewhat improperly titled. The series is called a Song of Fire and Ice. The first book is called Game of Thrones. The first season is based on the first book, so while the show retains the title of Game of Thrones, the second book, A Clash of Kings will be the basis for the Second Season. 

And now is your time to jump on board. If ever there was a time, it is NOW. The first season is replaying on HBO as we speak. The second season doesn't start until April 1st.

I encourage you to read the books, but if not, at least catch-up and join the show on it's second season.

Trust me.



Don't talk back!

No comments:

Post a Comment