RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Sunday, May 27, 2012

How being cheap ruins it for other people...

This is gonna be short and sweet. For one thing, I have another larger article to write after this one, but also, I'm very tired after my 9 hour shift as well as I have some more beer work to accomplish!

Many times I have people coming up to the bar and asking for simple soda's, water's, and/or tea's. Yes, if we're busy this makes me want to physically hurt them. But if they're cool and we're dead, more than likely I don't even charge them for anything (I of course make sure that their server eventually does...heh). Often times I have a couple and one of them is getting a legitimate drink while the other is getting a soda. I go back and forth sort of depending on the vibe of the person on whether I add the seemingly insignificant drink on to their tab.

But this is where things get sticky.

So today I had this guy come in and order a Midori sour for himself (lame) and a diet Coke for his wife. So I don't charge him for the Coke. They're nice, they seem like decent enough people and we're slow so whatever.

Eventually I get around to grabbing his credit card slip and I'm about to enter in the computer the tip amount when I find that the son of a bitch didn't leave me one dollar. Not even one dollar. Personally, I come from a frame of mind that you give 2 dollars per drink. Most mouthbreather's give 1. But they're cheap and most people, especially stupid people are cheap. So whatever. But here I go not charging this guy the extra like $2.60 for his wife's coke and he can't even give me a buck.

Well, never again. Now I'm going to charge everyone for everything I give them, simple as that.

And that ladies and gents is how cheap people ruin it for everyone else.


You see? Nothing about being cheap is cool.

1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry :( I am always appalled by people’s restaurant/customer etiquette when I go out. It’s amazing to me that “please,” “thank you,” and general decency are so easily forgotten. I don’t blame you for charging everyone; if they ordered it they should expect to pay for it. You should be tipped regardless.

    ReplyDelete