RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Monday, May 21, 2012

Marry me: Erica Durance




Truth: I honestly believe Erica Durance is EASILY one of the sexiest women gracing the planet. I don't even need to see all of the women on the planet to make this statement. That's how sexy I find her!

For those who have never heard of her or don't recognize her gorgeous face, she played Lois Lane on Smallville from Season 4 to 10. I'm a massive Smallville fan and I was an almost instant fan of Durance as Lois Lane. Not only was she beautiful and fit the part perfectly but she played it so goddamn well. In fact, she just kept getting better and better as her character traversed the Smallville world from College drop-out searching for her missing cousin to intrepid reporter for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. She was spunky, smart, funny, bossy, charming, stubborn, tough, sexy, and almost always WAY over her head in whatever situation she had fallen into. But she could also be demure, sweet, graceful, and very touching. She really was Lois Lane. At least the best Lois Lane thus far.




Add to this her amazing chemistry with Tom Welling's Clark Kent and you have a recipe for success, or do TEN SEASONS of television lie?

Okay so she was only on the show for SEVEN SEASONS, but still.

Annnnd maybe the recipe isn't just for success but for TONS upon TONS of fan-made music videos featuring Lois and Clark. Seriously, I'm not kidding, it was sort of a quest to find videos that might just show a mere taste of their chemistry through their actions and witty banter rather than through a montage of images set to a Sarah McLachlan or Lifehouse song. For a second there, I didn't think I was going to be able to have anything to show for this segment of the article. Luckily my search paid off a little and I found a couple clips I like that showed why Smallville in it's later years inevitably focused more on Lois and Clark than any other aspect of the show.





Besides her phenomenal work on Smallville, Ms. Durance has kept busy with spots on other television shows and movies. It should be obvious that she's a very talented actress and has a lot to offer. I'm surprised and a bit angry that Hollywood really hasn't come knocking on her door. She definitely deserves more work and should be recognized as the lady who played Lois Lane better than some of the higher-up actresses that came before and during her tenure (I'm looking at you Kate Bosworth).

As if I didn't have enough reasons to already be in love with her, I recently found out that she grew up reading comic books and was a Superman fan as well.

Damn.

Plus she looks great in a Wonder Woman costume:




She IS already married, but I'm not intimidated by that...okay, maybe I AM a little bit, but I'm still proposing here. Because how can you take a close look at Erica Durance and not think: Why not me? Gorgeous, smart, talented, loves Superman, seriously, where has she been my whole life? Where is MY Lois Lane?

Well I'm not sure where my Lois Lane is but Erica was born and raised in Canada...so this time we won't hold that against her. Heh.


I couldn't help it, I had to post at least one of those cheesy fan-made videos. Going through so many extremely different versions of them and searching for plain-ole normal clips straight from Smallville shows just how many nuts and/or hopeless romantics out there. Just search Clois on YouTube and you'll be astounded. Who are these people? On one hand it's kinda sad, but on the other sort of gives me hope. Eh, whatever, each to their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment