RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I want to wear a fedora!!!


My love for Indiana Jones just continues unabated...let's just make peace with it. I love him, you have varying degrees of feeling on it, understandably. We can all move forward as friends.

Yet it should be noted that at any given moment I can dress up as Indy without a moment's hesitation.

The boots I have, well because I like various kinds of boots. Sue me.

The jacket I have because I asked for a specific kind of leather jacket when I was graduating HS and got something entirely different from what I asked (that's parents for you) yet looked a lot like an Indy jacket so it all worked out (they give you not what you want but what you need?).

The bag I have because I once worked on the end of a 1/3 of a mile long pier and needed something to carry my stuff...and well I liked the idea of having Indy's actual bag.

The pants I have because I worked at a place that required me to have khaki pants.

The shirt I went out of my way to buy because I wanted an Indiana Jones shirt.

The FEDORA....well I bought that because I wanted Indiana Jones hat. But more to the point, I like fedora's. I also like cowboy hats. But more than anything, I like fedora's. I want to wear them all the time.

But that's kind of socially unacceptable.

And that's what pisses me off...I want to wear fedora's goddammit, but I can't! Because I'm, "not supposed to".

They're so cool, though:  

















There was a time when wearing these hats was just the norm.

I WANT THIS BACK.

Instead, the only time this comes back is when douchebags wear this as some sort of artsy fashion statement:























Ugh, that last picture really paints the picture I'm trying to make when I use the descriptive term of douchebag. Find him sexy NOW ladies?

Now it's a Catch 22. I want to wear a fedora all the time...but I'd more than likely look like a douchebag for doing so. True, I don't really care what people think of me, but there is a difference between stoking a fire and fanning the flame.

Hell, I'd like to carry a gun around but that's not sociably acceptable either.

I guess what I'm saying is, let's bring fedora's back! You hear me, gents!? Together we can do it! Let's take it back for the respect of mankind! I know we can...together!



No comments:

Post a Comment