RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Musical people you should listen to!


I have adored Zoey Deschanel for years. And what's NOT to adore, really?




She's cute, smart, funny, and obviously talented as she's been in tons of stuff you've probably seen, and maybe some you haven't. Plus she's got a new sit-com (New Girl) on Fox that is actually funny and pretty darn good so far.

So I was of course intrigued when a couple of years ago I heard that she has a band called She and Him. I hustled to my computer and began to download song after song and have since been simply enchanted by Ms. Deschanel's gorgeous voice and the general sound and style of She and Him.

Enough of my talk, let us hear them and perchance to dream...overdoing it? Yeah, I thought so too. Well anyhoo:









Really love that top video that is sort of a piece that's connected to 500 Days of Summer (awesome movie if you haven't seen it, I recommend).

They also cover some classics and have a new Christmas album out which I haven't yet but totally plan to buy.






Yep, definitely buying that.

Anyway, check 'em out. That's all for now, folks.

2 comments:

  1. You have good taste sir. Zooey's one of my favorite actresses and has a very lovely voice, both speaking and singing. Her singing "Sugar Town" in 500 Days of Summer melted me, few women can pull that off like her. On a side note I always thought she would have made a fantastic Lois Lane but that's a whole 'nother topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think she would've made a great Lois Lane.

    ReplyDelete