RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Marry Me: Felicia Day




If you don't know who Felicia Day is, shame on you...and while you're at it, check if your geek membership is still active. Because you should know who this adorable, brilliant, and sexy woman is. As we all should know the sum of who we are as human beings can't really fit into a series of titles. So in light of that, I will now define Ms. Day by her titles (hey, at least then you can start to get a handle on who she is) of actress, writer and producer and from interviews and such, you can see very clearly that she's a witty, intelligent, funny, and very open person. She's worked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, starred in the genius Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along (which is something you should absolutely have seen if you haven't), and created the amazing web series, the Guild.


The Guild get's it's own paragraph. BOOM. It's a series that explores the rather different lives of the members of an online guild for an MMORPG. So basically it's a show about gamers playing WOW. Or insert whatever MMORPG you can relate to. See, Felicia can get away with making a show like the Guild because she IS a gamer, along with being extremely talented and sweet, well spoken and very, very cute. And yes, I can refer to her in the first person, I'm proposing marriage here after all. Needless to say the Guild is a very funny show and I'm proud to say I've been watching it since the beginning...thanks, Tom.




It's one of those rare shows that just get's better as it goes on. Like Community, which they may cancel because you're not watching, but we'll get to that at another time...just know I blame YOU.

Now...full disclosure. I actually vividly remember Day from the final (televised) season of Buffy. Even then she made an impression. But it wasn't the best impression...yet I didn't really blame her for that. While her character didn't exactly slay me (get it?), she still caught my attention. Let me 'splain...no, there's too much. Let me sum up. During the final season of Buffy there were a lot of new girls that were introduced who were potential Slayers. Meaning that if Buffy were to die any one of them could be activated and have the full power of a Slayer. These characters ranged from slightly annoying to obnoxious. However, I always felt that was probably because everyone watching knew it was the final season of Buffy and in a final season any new character that takes time away from people I know and love start to piss me off. This actually kind of goes for any new characters for that matter. It's always a risk. Dawn took forever to grow on me, and Tara never did. Spike was always the man though. 

There are some guys out there I know that think Day's nerdiness is just an act...well, those guys can eat it. Olivia Munn's nerdiness is an act. Felicia is the real deal. Need more proof?

She's recently released another web series she created, working in-line with EA called: Dragon Age: Redemption which ties into the game Dragon Age II. Here she is playing her own character...or should I say attempting to, haha:




You know what I love about that video? Besides the obvious? The chairs. They look like old theater seats that have been mounted to makeshift pedestals on rollers. That is effing awesome...I'm totally doing that for my living room.

Anyway, as you can see this woman is appropriately geeky enough for me to marry, and she's a redhead! Anyone that knows me knows I got a thang for the redheads! Plus she probably lives in L.A. and that's not that far so I can actually see myself making a go at this. Might take some time and effort, but I'm kind of the stubborn dig my heels in type so I think I can make this happen...someday?

Hell, I'd even settle for a first date.

Longshot? Probably. But a guy can dream, can't he?





And here is the first part of the epic Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog...this is by the MAN himself, Joss Whedon, so take notice and check it out (and ladies, it's a musical)!





No comments:

Post a Comment