RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Titanic returns...in 3D...


So apparently Titanic is coming back to theaters in April. It's going to get the post-conversion blah, blah, blah fancy-schmancy, high-tech upgrade - WHATEVER.

Before I watched the trailer tonight I had very mixed feelings about this. Just the tip of the iceberg thoughts (haha) that ran through my head were along the lines of: Obvious cash-grab, unnecessary re-release, and can the film hold up in theaters again?

I'll let you look at it now:






After watching the trailer I've grown less cynical. True, I hate 3D, but this is James Cameron 3D so I suspect it will actually be good.

This might be a moot point for me though because I DO love Titanic. It's a great flick and I haven't seen it in years so the chance to see on the big screen again seems too good a chance to pass.

I remember even in Elementary school being enthralled with the story of Titanic. But no history book ever gave out any details no matter how many indexes, glossaries, or bibliographies I searched. Titanic was the first story that really put you on the deck of that ship. I loved that. You experienced what it was probably like to be there on that fateful night. That's epic. Say what you want about the core-love story (I dig it, but I'm a hopeless romantic), it's still a great period piece.

So at first I was annoyed about this but I can firmly say that the idea is growing on me. So much so that I've decided that I'm going to do something drastic.

My best friend has never seen Titanic. He in fact, has made almost a point not to. So I've decided that I will visit him in April when the movie is released in order to insure that he sees the movie...in 3D no less.

It's at this point that I encourage you and everyone you know to not only berate him online about this (indeed, bully him) now but on a consistent basis.

If you're interested in joining us in Surprise, Arizona in April, let me know! Let's have some fun with this!


This is the Facebook EVENT Page!

Feel free to post on that and invite others.


This is Josh's Facebook Page!

Again feel free to post!

And BOOM goes the dynamite!

No comments:

Post a Comment