RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Batman Day!!!


Maybe the Dark Knight Rises OFFICIALLY comes out tomorrow - but I'm seeing it tonight like a lot of people so guess what? That makes it Batman day.

This marks a really special moment in Bat-history. This is the ending of the first true Batman saga. However you may like any of the previous films, you can't really say they tell one continuous Batman story. Even the Burton films are so different from each other that it's hard to see any similarity between the world in Batman and Batman Returns. And the less said about the Joel Schumacher monstrosities, the better. From many accounts, it's a great movie. I haven't seen reviews like this for a flick since, oh, the Avengers - haha - but BEFORE  that, I can't remember such overwhelming positivity. And I especially don't think we've ever seen such praise for a third entry of a trilogy. There seems to be a belief in some sort of movie curse in this department.

Personally, I'm not much for curses but if there is such a thing, Christopher Nolan has the best shot to wipe it out.

I came across the following video today and I think it's really something great. It's brilliantly put together and I believe it beautifully showcases the world that Nolan and his team have worked so hard to bring to life. Check it out and go see the Dark Knight Rises!



No comments:

Post a Comment