RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Who hates reading?

Well Facebook just suggested someone for me to be friends with who I could NEVER be friends with. Without giving any details away (yes, I have tact), this person had a group listed under their favorite book section as: I Hate Reading.






Might as well say you like burning books, you fuckin' Nazi.

I mean, seriously, are you 'effing serious???

Let me 'splain something to the masses. Before movies, before TV, before radio, there were BOOKS. Mass media, say hello to my lil' friend! Literature is the one constant. I still can't believe there are people out there who would be a part of this group. I mean, I understand if you haven't really gotten into books yet in your life. I truly do, because I believe everyone will eventually get into books. Because there's something there. There's an experience to be had. Something almost tangible. Something worthwhile. It's not like people read because they're pragmatic assholes who are pretentious beyond Sean Penn.



Pretentious and yet didn't graduate HS!


But to say you HATE reading? Who the Hell is you? Where do you get off?

It's like admitting you're stupid. After all, a growing theme on my blog will be the frustration with stupidity because it is so goddamn curable BY reading a book that it drives me insane that it still exists as some sort of rampant disease.

Again, I understand if you haven't found your niche'. I'm a firm believer that the education system in America is so behind the times that they are forcing young minds to read so-called "classic's" that are so boring and overrated that they turn people off from reading in general. However, there is something out there for everybody. Sure, the Grapes of Wrath may not have been your thing (wasn't mine), but there's so much out there. So many different styles, ideas, methods, genres, and much, much more to ignore. But to completely turn yourself off from something?

The term I HATE reading is SO ignorant it is beyond belief anyone would willingly say it. It's something you should only say in duress and under pain of severe torture.

So no, Facebook, I do NOT want to be friends with this Neanderthal. Even though she was hot.



Let's substitute CRAZY with STUPID...

No comments:

Post a Comment