RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ben Affleck to direct the Stand???

Deadline is reporting that Warner Bros. has signed Ben Affleck to write and direct an adaptation of Stephen King's BRILLIANT novel, the Stand.

My initial feeling is that I love this news.

But it's a little early to know for sure. I'm going to wait to hear if this get's verified by other sources before I post a huge article explaining my thoughts on both the book which I dearly love, and the idea of a major-motion picture adaptation. Largely just will all depend on how they do it, and there's really no news on what they intend to do with the project (i.e. will it be a trilogy, two movies, one movie, etc.).

So for now, I'm going to let this news sink in, see how I feel about it, and wait to see if it's real. Then I'll post some more thoughts.

Until then, I'm gonna go play some Batman: Arkham City while you get more acquainted with the Stand:

End of the world brilliance from Stephen King!

No comments:

Post a Comment