RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Update: $1,000,000 bet...



So the movie that cost 41 MILLION to make made barely 3.5 million in it's opening weekend. It will only go downhill from here. The only types of movies that ever have bad openings but then start to make more are truly excellent films that build from word of mouth and/or award show interest.

Not only that, but the movie didn't even come close to the generous 15 million it had to in order to win the bet. Plus, it didn't finish first for it's premiere week. Not even close.

It opened at NINTH place.

Cost 41 MILLION dollars to make.

Besides just really pissing me off, it makes me sad. It makes me wonder what's happened to Steve Martin? I long for the days of Roxanne and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The comedic genius has left the building, and the unfunny sell-out has taken his place. I don't know who this guy is anymore. I think Bowfinger was the last good movie he made?

Anyhoo, someone in Hollywoodland owes me a cool million.

1 comment:

  1. I think Eddie Murphy shares that honor with Steve since Bowfinger was also his last good flick. And the sad thing is they're still very funny guys in interviews. I saw both of them on Conan and thought "why do we not see THESE GUYS in the flicks?" Lesson: Comedians should not have kids.

    ReplyDelete