RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Musical people you should listen to!

New geek band that I discovered is Kirby Krackle! I haven't listened to everything they have out there, but I've listened to enough to know I like them and appreciate their tastes and eccentricities. For those of you worried that I took it too far with the Protomen need not worry, Kirby is less geeky and more atypical in terms of style.

That's a lie. Kirby Krackle is definitely geekier than the Protomen, but still more stable in terms of style. So you'll probably like them, even if the references don't always hit the net (hockey reference FTW).

Let's check 'em out:





Right off the bat, the title to this song is all about a code to unlock invulnerability in the phenomenal Nintendo game Contra. Awesome.

But among the other geek slang and references: Legends of Zelda, fanboys in general, the Kingpin from the Marvel universe, Wolverine, Hall and Oates, etc.

Pretty good stuff, check more of it out:



Zombie apocalypse ftw!




I think they make well-written, good sounding music that the geek in all of us can love. Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment